Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Michael Jackson
I am not sure why there has been so much hysteria over Michael Jackson's death. I enjoyed Michael's music and thought he was a great entertainer. Yet, it is a little annoying to me that a bankrupt city who just paid $1mil for the Lakers championship parade spent close to FOUR MILLION DOLLARS on this circus. They closed down the freeway and made a huge fuss over the entire thing. Even police officers had to be pulled out f their vacation to offer security. What a joke. And, Magic Johnson claiming that seeing Michael eat KFC was the "best moment of his life". What in the heck is he talking about? He is Magic Johnson. I guarantee he has seen better things than MJ grubbin on some chicken breasts. I also could not believe that he called Michael Jackson a "civil rights leader". GIVE ME A BREAK!!! MJ has done nothing for civil rights except make the implication that black is bad and white is right. By the end of his life he wasn't even a black man. HE WAS WHITE. Calling him a civil rights leader and saying that he paved the way for Kobe and Magics jersey to be "in the homes of people across the nation" is a slap in the face to the real civil rights leaders and black athletes who really paved the way. Jackie Robinson, Bill Russell, Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X? I suppose they had nothing to do with that. Anyways, I thought the whole thing was overdone and that the real media attention should have been put on more important things. Not that I have an opinion on it or anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good post Nate!!
Post a Comment